Ready Steady Baby! is distributed as part of the Early Years Information Pathway(currently being updated) at booking appointments with midwives and provides information about pregnancy until the child’s first birthday.
NHS Health Scotland has recently completed the annual review of content, to check for accuracy and update several sections. The 2016 version is now in distribution and should replace all earlier versions.
Changes have been made to the following sections:
- Maternity leave and other benefits and payments (pages 62–65)
- Group B streptococcus (GBS) (pages 49 and 115)
- Support from healthcare professionals after birth (page 119)
- Meningitis and septicaemia (pages 192–193)
- Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC) (page 194)
This guide is distributed as part of the Early Years Information Pathway at booking appointments with midwives. As this guide provides information about pregnancy until the child’s first birthday, this information is relevant to all midwifery and health visiting staff. Please ensure that the 2016 version is now distributed in place of earlier versions.
Ready Steady Baby! is available in the following formats:
- printed guide (order via your local NHS Health Board Resource & Information Centre)
- electronic guide - available in English, Chinese, Urdu, Polish, Arabic, Russian)
- free smartphone app